Lancaster General Hospital
3560 8N General Medical
8N General Medical
MAGNET DESIGNATED COST CENTER.
Hours: Full-Time (0.8 FTE); 64hrs/2wks; day shift; 7:00am - 7:00pm; combination of 8 & 12 hour shifts; every 3rd WE; EOH
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for 8 North - Medical/Surgical Unit. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability as defined by the American Nurses Association standards of nursing practice.
8 North is a 24-bed Medical-Surgical unit. As the Infection Control floor, the 8 North team cares for many complex wounds. Additional patient population includes patients going to or following surgery, many of which are abdominal surgeries. On 8 North we care for a wide age range of patients.
* Incorporates the LGHealth/Penn Medicine mission, vision and values into planning patient care.
* Functions as an independent and interdependent member of the health care team as defined in unit based Plan for Provision of Care.
* Performs patient assessments, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive functions. Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes and adapts the plan of care based on recognized trends and changes. Collects and manages comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation.
* Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues. Formulates age-appropriate and culturally and ethically sensitive plan of care
* Implements care in a knowledgeable manner and coordinates patient care across several disciplines and among caregivers.
* Provides leadership to other members of the team by effectively communicating expected standards of care and encouraging and supporting team members and their contributions.
* Educates patients about healthy practices and treatment modalities.
* RN licensure is required, issued by the PA Board of Nursing.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If this is a Magnet designated RN position, BSN will be required within 3 years of RN hire date.
* CPR Certification required.
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Associated topics: asn, care unit, hospice, infusion, intensive care, mhb, nurse rn, recovery, surgical, unit