We have an immediate opportunity for an Activity Aide, Therapeutic Group.General Summary:
The Activity Aide, Therapeutic Group will assist in the planning and implementation of the Therapeutic Group Activity Programs to ensure that the emotional, recreational and social needs of the patients are met and maintained on an individual basis, in accordance with current federal, state and local standards governing the facility. This position will lead exercises and activities for the behavioral health patients.Patient Population:
Has contact with behavioral health patients in a clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in the adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older) populations. Essential Functions:
- Works in collaboration with other rehab professionals in the disciplines of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Social Services.
- Assists in the planning of and implements activity programs, including planned recreation, exercise, social groups, spirituality, and special events with the social worker/case manager.
- Secures the cooperation of patients by encouraging their interest and participation in activity groups.
- Assumes responsibility for the personal needs and safety of patients in activity groups.
- Completes group documentation according to quality standards in a timely fashion.
- Completes group documentation in the treatment plan prior to the treatment team meeting and participates in weekly treatment team conference with psychiatrist, case manager and charge nurse.
- Observes and reports pertinent patient behavior to assigned staff and/or charge nurse.
- Answers the telephone and assists with admission/discharge process of patients.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Previous work experience under a certified activity consultant is preferred.Education:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.Licensure/Certification:
Current BLS certification is required. All behavioral health staff must maintain current BLS certification while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan that encompasses body, mind and soul, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
At LifeCare we understand our greatest asset is our employees and that shows in our commitment to you! We have multi-disciplinary treatment teams directed by highly-trained, committed physicians that include nurses, respiratory therapists, physical medicine specialists, radiologists, pharmacists, dietitians and case managers.
At Lifecare Hospitals we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it.
Associated topics: domestic, family, forensic, mental health, outpatient, rww, social service, social worker, tirr, women