Our client, a manufacturing facility in Muncy, PA is looking for a Planner/Dispatcher to add to their team.
The Order Planner (OP) is an experienced order management professional that allocates inventory and builds executable loads to be dispatched by Freight Managers at the plant. This role resolves truck capacity and inventory challenges and is a point of escalation for order policy decisions. The Order Planner works through CSRs when outbound phone communication is required.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule orders to meet on-time delivery dates
- Build, route, schedule delivery stops to maximize payload, minimize out-of-route miles and turn drivers within their hours of service
- Make order re-sourcing decisions to meet customer expectations and lower cost
- Actively manage back orders
- Use enterprise tools to resolve delivery and inventory challenges
- Maximize fleet utilization in cooperation with the Freight Managers
- Make and/or escalate order policy decisions
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Service to meet delivery expectations including the creation of long term solutions
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- At least 3 years freight management experience including Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Inventory Management Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of state/federal DOT regulations
- MRP tools within an ERP system
- Load building and truck routing experience
- Strong verbal & written communication, decision making and analytical skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a starting salary of $20 per hour.
Please submit your resume TODAY for consideration!Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Associated topics: airport, bicyclist, cdl, driver, inventory, procurement, traffic, transportation, truck driver, warehouse